Wednesday 4 September 2013

Hair Care


Lined up on the shelf are all of the products that I love to use when washing or styling my hair. Apart from this brand of hairspray which is a fairly recent  addition and the shampoo and conditioner, which I change every time they run out I've been using all of these products for a long time and have been so happy with the way they work on my hair.

So lets start with the products that I use first...shampoo and conditioner. Like I said, when these run out I will usually replace them with a different brand each time (whatever is on offer really). I received the Organix Macadamia Oil shampoo and conditioner for my birthday in June and have been using them for the past month or so. When I first started using them I loved the way that they made my hair feel shiny and soft. But after using them for a while I noticed that they were actually making my hair quite greasy so I have switched to Tresemmé for the time being. Has anyone else tried the Organix Macadamia Oil products? I'd love to hear what your thoughts are as I'm so undecided about them. I also have the actual hair oil which I've tried a couple of times and really liked, so maybe it's just the shampoo and conditioner.
If I'm not washing my hair then I'll use a dry shampoo. The best one that I've used is by VO5...to be honest VO5 is my go to brand because I've loved everything I've ever tried from them. I use the 'Refresh Me Quick' one and love the sweet smell it has. 

After washing my hair I love to use a de-tangler and believe it or not my favourite ones are from  Superdrug and L'Oreal for kids. They smell like pear...how cool is that?! Only a kids hair product would smell like pear, have a picture of a sheep on the front or be in a bottle shaped like some sort of animal. Is it just me or does that make the product even more exciting? Until recently I was using the Superdrug's own one but when I ran out I switched to the L'Oreal Kids Tangle Tamer. They both do a great job and only cost between £1.50 and £3.00.

I always use some sort of oil on the ends of my hair because it's so dry and brittle. I've been loving the Organix Weightless Moroccan Argan Oil. It smells absolutely amazing and leaves my hair feeling lovely and soft.

When I style my hair with heat I always use a heat protector. The one that I've been using for about two years now is the VO5 Heat Protect Style Spray. If I'm honest all heat sprays seem to do the same thing, I just like smell and very reasonable price of the VO5 one which makes it a winner for me. I don't really see the point in spending a lot of money on a heat protector, unless it does a few different things to your hair.

My hair gets so frizzy all year round so I love using the Trevor Sorbie Humidity Control Spray. When I first started using it I definitely noticed a different but I think that now I've been using it for a while it's starting to have less of an effect on my hair. I do still use it though, probably because it gives me peace of mind...and I'm determined to use up the bottle before starting another one!

I will lastly, always apply some hair spray. I had been using a mini James Brown one but heard such good things about the Fudge Iced raspberry and Vanilla Hair Spray that when I saw it on offer in Superdrug I snapped it up straight away. I like it because it smells good, helps fight the frizz and isn't sticky at all. But I'm not sure if I will repurchase it when it runs out as I'm still looking for that perfect hairspray. Can anyone recommend any amazing ones?

What products do you use on your hair? Can you recommend any that help fight the frizz?

10 comments:

  1. I have pretty smooth hair, but it does get frizzy at the top around my face. If its humid I just blow dry my hair right away before it has a chance to friz up.

    I LOVE big sexy hair hairspray. I recommend that one :) You should check out my hair care routine on my blog since it sounds like we have similar hair :)

    AJ | TheAJMinute
    @TheAJMinute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the advice, I will definitely check out your hair care routine!

      Delete
  2. It was great to read your feedback on the Macadamia products, since I'm a recent fan of the Macadamia Natural Oils range I've had my eye on the Superdrug version a while, but it doesn't seem like a product I'll get.. Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to try the Macadamia Natural Oils range! I wouldn't say don't try the Organix range as they seem to be good quality products, the shampoo and conditioner just seem to disagree with my hair...that might not happen with other people though!

      Delete
  3. I have to admit I'm pretty bad at hair care. I wash my hair way too much and I don't use all the products that I (probably) should. I'd love to try the macadamia oil :)!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wash my hair too much too! That's why dry shampoo is so handy haha.

      Delete
  4. I love the Iced Raspberry & Vanilla hairspray- it smells so yummy!

    LittleMissFashion♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! That's what made me buy it in the first place :)

      Delete
  5. Aw, using the L'Oreal Kids tangle tamer is genius! I waste so much money on Aussie's leave in conditioner spray coz my hair gets so tangled when I wash it, but I'm definitely gonna give the L'Oreal one a try next time. I used to love it so much when I was little! xx

    http://pretty-melody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some argan oil is always a good shout! These are amazing products as well. I use some of them! The shampoos work well on me because my hair's quite dry. I'd recommend VO5 though for oily hair :)

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete