Friday 14 June 2013

Organ Donation Through a Lens

This is a very different type of post to usual so I don't expect you all to be interested and I don't mind if you aren't. But it's about something that's important to me and something i'd like to share with you guys. I mentioned briefly a few posts back that I had entered an NHS film competition called Organ Donation Through a Lens. My three minute film 'It's Time We Talked' was shortlisted along with eight others and the film has now been on the Transplant Week YouTube channel for a couple of weeks. I still have until next Friday 21st to get as many views as I can. There will be an overall winner and the film with the most views by that date will be awarded the 'People's Favourite'. 

The film is about my friend Kate who underwent a double lung transplant last year. She is the most incredible and brave person I know and this is why I wanted to make the film. The film is aimed at young people and promotes the importance of organ donation as well as the fact that you should tell your family about your donation wishes if you do sign up. 

I love making films and it is such a great way of reaching people. This is such an important message to me and that's why I wanted to share it with you guys. Here is the direct link if you would like to watch the film or share it with friends and family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZKZYXARV_4

 Below are some stills from the film. 






Pass It On! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm really impressed with this film. It seems super professional and I feel that it actually does make you think about this problem without being too "heavy". Great job! :-)

    ReplyDelete