Saturday 29 June 2013

I'm Loving: L'Oreal Skin Perfection Micellar Solution



I saw this advertised in a magazine recently, read the words 'High performance make up removal' and thought 'I need to try this'. I've never tried Bioderma's version (I'm not sure why this hasn't happened either. Especially as I frequently travelled to France before it was available in the UK) so I thought this might be the next best thing and for £4.99 you can't really go wrong. 

This product is alcohol free and L'Oreal claim that it 'acts like a purifying magnet on the skin's surface to capture and draw out excess oil and impurities.' I've used this cleanser a few times now and really like it. It removes make up so thoroughly but is also very gentle and has no fragrance. To use this effectively I apply it to cotton pads and then leave them over my eyes for a good few seconds. This water solution magically removes all traces of eye make up without you really having to rub the cotton pads onto your skin. It can also be used all over your face and on your lips. But I always find eye make up the hardest thing to remove so this product is a lifesaver. I only use this to pre cleanse though and will use something like a cleanse and polish afterwards to get rid of every trace of make up and exfoliate. But it's brilliant for removing that tough make up to start with and is also perfect for using if you are in a hurry or in ones of those moods when you can't be bothered to spend ages cleaning your face. Another fantastic thing about this cleanser is that it isn't greasy at all. I read somewhere that it does have oil in it but that it does not separate from the water so i'm guessing that this is the reason it feels like you are only applying water to your face.

Have you tried this product or anything from the range? What are your thoughts?


Disclosure: The views expressed are based on my own experience.

7 comments:

  1. I heard so many good things about this product, but i can not get it in The Netherlands. :(
    I havent tried the Bioderma too, because i cannot get it here too. I have to do some travelling LOL :D
    Question: Is this good for waterproof mascara too?
    xx Stephanie (www.stephaniesstyleblog.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah no, do you think they will bring it out there eventually? It's fairly new to the UK. That's a good point, I haven't tried it on waterproof mascara or eyeliner yet but as I wear more waterproof make up in the summer i'll put it to the test and let you know! x

      Delete
  2. OooO! I'm going to have to try this! I hadn't even heard of this product!
    Thanks for filling me in!
    Kallie, But First Coffee Blog OR But First Coffee on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! Especially as I love Bioderma this could be a really good alternative :) xx
    xtouchofbeautyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been tempted by this a few times, it's good to know that it's actually decent! Perhaps I'll make a sneaky purchase after pay day xx

    Curls and Swirls Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I want to try this, I have never heard about!

    http://tanjamortensen.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use Bioderma every night, even if I wasn't wearing any makeup that, to cleanse & purify my skin and I really like it, but if this product was available where I live I'd definitely be down to try it out. c:

    xo.Janiecy.xo|A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    xo, Janiecy

    ReplyDelete