Saturday 18 May 2013

I'm loving...Kiko Nail Lacquers

I first came across a Kiko Make up Milano shop when I was in Italy a couple of summers ago. What immediately drew me to it was the extremely neat rows and rows of make up that I could see through the shop window from down the road. I was expecting it to be some high end cosmetic store with ridiculous prices, but as I got closer I realised that this was my kind of shop. 
Firstly, they appeared to have every shade of nail polish going and secondly the price tag was way more reasonable than I was expecting. I stocked up on a couple of shades but managed to somehow restrain myself. I don't know what it is about nail polish but I feel like I can never have too many. 
I then discovered that Kiko also have stores in the UK when I came across one at the Westfield in Stratford. In the UK these nail polishes only cost £2.50 which is even cheaper than Barry M so I decided to pick up a few more shades. I'm so glad I did because I think I might even prefer them.



Last week I wore this pretty pale pink shade on my nails and it's my favourite out of the bunch. It lasted for about 4 or 5 days without chipping too badly which is pretty good, considering i'm ready to change my nail polish after about 3 days. I always struggle applying lighter colours because you have too put on a few coats before your nails look even. However, I only used 2 coats of this polish and managed to achieve a pretty even finish. I find that these polishes are the perfect consistency, dry quickly and teamed up with a top coat look really lovely.




They also have a wide range of mascaras which i'm a big fan of too. Let me know if you've tried any polishes from kiko or any of their other products! 



Disclosure: The views expressed are based on my own experience.

9 comments:

  1. That's pretty cheap! Though I've never tried anything from Kiko myself. :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's surprisingly good quality for the price!

      Delete
  2. Great post and products!

    Please check out my blog?

    http://terriface01.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice colours!

    If you have some time, please check out my blog,

    nailyx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's good that they're long lasting! Do you know if they have shops anywhere else other than westfields Stafford? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there's one at the White City Westfield too but not sure where else! I've never ordered anything from their website but it might be worth checking that out. x

      Delete
  5. I love the metallic and baby pink nail polishes x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo that pink is lovely! I need to try this so much, I'm so tired of spending lots on expensive nail polish to then find out it doesn't even last two days without chipping! At least this one is a reasonable price and 4-5 days is pretty good! Also Hannah I love your watch.. Tell me more about it!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hardly own any expensive ones because I change my nail polish so often! And yeh even the expensive ones chip! haha. Thanks :) I got it for my eighteenth birthday and it's lasted pretty well, I had to get the strap replaced because I wear it so much haha. It's the Nixon Kensington model, but I don't think they do the brown one any more :( I love Nixon watches! They have so many lovely styles and they are such good quality, I also have a the Time Teller P in grey which I love. I'm going to do a post about how I store my jewellery soon as part of my organising posts so my watches will probably feature there :) Sorry, that turned into a bit of an essay! xx

      Delete