Saturday 27 April 2013

Spring Things: Trifle


 It was my Mum’s birthday a couple of weeks ago so I bought her this trifle bowl. She immediately wanted to use it so we dug out Lorraine Pascale’s Home Cooking Made Easy and got whisking. The recipes in this book are delicious and she really does make it seem easy!


Glass trifle bowl- Next Home, £14

I love how you can see the pattern that we made with the strawberries through the side of the bowl and the layers of sponge, cream and custard. It shows off all the hard work that went into making it look pretty as well as taste amazing.

This would be such a lovely pudding to make for summer parties and you could try any variation by adding different types of fruit or even a layer of jelly at the bottom. It's a great pudding all round because there is no cooking required so anyone could make it...give it a try! 


Disclosure: The views expressed are based on my own experience. 


9 comments:

  1. Yum, looks so good!!


    www.nelliescloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious, I wish I'd have this right in front of me now ;)!
    Thanks for your following, I'm sure following you right back :).
    Have a nice weekend!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Really enjoying reading your blog! x

      Delete
  3. Haha, look at the cat eyeing it :-D It sure looks yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was determined to have some too! haha x

      Delete
  4. I love trifle and this one looks absolutely delicious. Not to mention pretty as well!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! that looks amazing!!! So summery and cute. love your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so good! I'm getting very jealous!

    Cheers, Kelsey.

    ReplyDelete