Monday 22 April 2013

Spring Things: Beauty Picks


This is my first post so here goes, I hope you like it!

It’s finally beginning to feel like spring, so I thought it would be a good idea to share with you some of my favourite spring appropriate beauty products.



Left to right: Revlon Lip Butter £7.99, L'Oreal Stain Splash £7.99, YSL Rouge Pur Couture £23.00

Firstly, I have chosen three lip products that I have been reaching for a lot lately. Each one has a different formulation and overall look. On the left we have a Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in the shade Tutti Frutti (015) which is a gorgeous bright orange when applied. I love the formulation of this product because it gives quite a glossy finish as well as a pop of colour, making it perfect for spring. I have a few of these in my collection and I’m sure that I will be purchasing some of the new shades. I suffer from dry lips and love just how moisturising these are! Overall probably my favourite lip product to use throughout spring and summer.

In the centre is a new Glamshine Stain Splash from L’Oreal in the shade Romy (102). When they say stain they are not kidding, this stuff stays on your lips for hours. The shade that I have is a really pretty natural pink with a hint of shimmer and I can see myself wearing it a lot during the daytime.

The product on the right is a YSL Rouge Pur Couture Golden Lustre lipstick in the shade 109. When on the lips this product is a peachy pink with a very subtle hint of gold glimmer. The gold doesn’t show up too much on my lips, which is why I like it and the formulation is creamy but not too thick. This is probably my least favourite product out of the three as it doesn’t seem to last very long on my lips!  However, the packaging is beautiful and it’s a nice lipstick to carry in my handbag.




Left to right: No7 Blush Tint Powder £8.00, Maybelline Color Tattoo £4.99

Next up are two of my favourite products for my face. The first is a No7 Natural Blush Tint Powder in the shade Cool Pink. This is a recent purchase but since I bought it I have worn it every day. I think that bright pink is great for spring and could be used on any skin tone. It’s quite bright for a blusher but you can build it up how you want it on your own cheeks.

Another spring favourite is the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24Hr Eyeshadow in the shade Pink Gold (65). I am also planning on getting my hands on a few more shades as I am really enjoying using this eye shadow as a base. The staying power is amazing and it works great alone but also underneath powder eye shadows as a primer.

What would your spring beauty essentials be?



Disclosure: The views expressed are based on my own experience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment